Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to take 4 status on a single pin of pic .

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisalengr

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know that ..for example we have 4 input on some port of pic16f877 and on the other side we want all these 4 status on a single pic with little delay and display it on led or anything mean lcd or serial.... is it possible....anyone have any idea on it?

Hello!

If it's a digital pin and if you use delay, it sounds like you are reinventing the serial port.
If it's an analog pin, then you can try to use the actual signal level.

Dora.

okie ... its a analog pin.... so can we do that.....mean its just an idea and that what i want to discuss...thanks for your reply

yes and i working with..

microcontroller is frequency dependent or more precisely a time dependent device who takes action in a particular event of time.
to work with multiple inputs on multiple pins of a micro or
multiple inputs on a single pin of a micro you will have to write a multi threaded programme.
--- a multi threaded programme is type of programming in which multiple tasks with multiple signals is managed with single core of programme........ even every thread has different type of delay or specific execution time.

to work with multi thread you must be know..
1. type of signals
2.properties of the signal
3. frequency of the signal sensing
4.number of lines and delays of the programme and with respect to this frequency of the crystal oscillator.

If it's an analogue pin, then you can use the ADC module to read the level. You can read 1024 levels with a 10-bit ADC, 256 levels with an 8-bit ADC and 4096 levels with a 12-bit ADC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back