Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure NF of LA? Need Help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rats

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I design limiting Amp, just at simulaton level. It is 10Gb/s LA. gain is 47dB.
1.I have not design input buffer and output buffer. using ST 0.13 process
2.How can I measure the NF in cadence?
3Is there any NF difference between the LA core only and with inan dout put buffer? I need help.
As I knew , I shall remove input source, put a port intead. Then in pssI shall choose beating Freq, shall 5GHz? About freq sweep range, what I shall choose? About sweep type? I also don't know what I shall do. Please help me

I do not know for cadence but is this an RF question based on your figures posted in analog forum.

I know you want a limiting amp but this is treated under the Low Noise Amplifier Dersign section of any RF book.

See if any book in RF covers cadence and I think cadence must have some documents for this purpose. If you change your mind to do things in ADS or Ansoft Designer I will be gladly to help.

What I did is not LNA, this LA NF shall be higher than 16dB, it is for optical application, actually the NF is not so important for LA, of course I still want to know how noisey it is . because TIA decide most of NF for optical reciver block, but I don't know does input matching and output buffer influence the NF.

check help document from Cadence (in the chapter or SpectreRF), you will find the LNA simulation example.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.