Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me write code for distance measurement using ultrasonic transducer & PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus332

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me write code for distance measurement using ultrasonic transducer & PIC16F877A

Sir,
I am working on a distance measurement device using PING ultrasonic transducer and PIC16f877A,
but i cant able write the suitable code for this sensor in C, please help me.
Thanks

Re: distance measurement

Are you talking about this sensor? www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/acc/28015-PING-v1.3.pdf

The theory of operation is explained in page 3 of the document. For measuring the width of the signal, you can use the capture module.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

distance measurement

pls send me the code for distance measurement using PIC1687x and PING ULTRASONIC transducer,
my email id : maximus332@rocketmail.com
thank you.

Re: distance measurement

i want to measure the distance to an object up to 3m, i am using PIC16f877A as the controller, pls check the attachment which is the data sheet of my sensor.
thank you.

Attachments

• TS601-01.pdf
    124.2 KB · Views: 115

Re: Help me write code for distance measurement using ultrasonic transducer & PIC16F8

i'm just working on a one ...

my idea based on using pwm .. as i emit pwm with freq. 40khz from the pic for 0.5 sec..then through the transiver . that's meaning 20khz has been transmitted at the same time i open the pwm i
use the pic in capture mode to count the number of returned pulses through the receiver ...
then i calculate the number of missed pulses ... 20k - recevied = missed .... then by knowing the frequency we can calculate the distance

Re: Help me write code for distance measurement using ultrasonic transducer & PIC16F8

plllllllllllz i need a code in C also for the same project... measuring height by LV-EZ0 sensor....and im using pic16f8877a ...

i need a code in C also for the same project... measuring height by LV-EZ0 sensor....and im using pic16f8877a ...

The following is a document with a detailed discussion of using several of the available interfaces of the MaxBotix LV-MaxSonar series with a PIC with code snippets.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.