Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hacking electricity meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

javed

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

Can any one help me to control the speed of electricity meter by inserting a device in any socket in the house without tempering the meter? the device consists of fan dimmer and other electronic components.

thanks

I think it is unlikely that you will be able to design such a device, but if you do it will for cetian make you financially independant

It seems to me that what you are asking is not related to a PFC correction circuit but a circuit to "steal" power from the utility company without having to pay for it.
If so then this kind of request is completely inappropriate and can't be supported in this board.

Alex

dear its just for knowledge i mean what is the principle of the device

The principle of Watt meter is to use voltage and current data to calculate watt; Watt seconds becomes kWH and that is what you are paying for. If yoy draw less amps you will use less Wh and pay less. Nothing that you do down stream from the power meter will reduce your uasage other tahn drawing less current

dear its just for knowledge i mean what is the principle of the device

I believe what you are referring to is a Power Factor Correction device.

Industrial or manufacturing facilities with large numbers of inductive devices, such as motors, creates what is referred to as a Low Power Factor due to the large amount of inductive loads within the network, which in turn consumes a relatively large amount of Reactive Power besides the Real Power or Active Power.

The same can be said about highly capacitive loads, which create a Low Power Factor and consume Reactive Power, although notice the capacitive reactance and the inductive reactance tend to cancel the other out.

It is this Canceling Effect which Power Engineers take advantage of by balancing a highly inductive load with a network of passive capacitive devices or for a highly capacitive vice versa, which in both cases reduces the consumption of Reactive Power.

Power Factor

Practical Power Factor Correction

Power Factor Correction Explanation

Hope the info helps in your endeavors,

BigDog

Dear Fragrance,
I have read your technical comments so many times. I have read your thread regarding energy saver which consists of pic uC, transistors and two mosfets. which exremely reduces the consumption of AC. Have you succeded to develop this energy saver? if so kindly share the knowledge on edaboard or on my e-mail:javed4004 at yahoo dot com. In my country the AC cannot be afforded.
waiting for positive response.

best regards,

javed

please watch these clips. Although this is in Russian language. what is the working principle of these devices?

Have you examined the my previous post? The answers you seek are contained within.

BigDog

Dear BigDog,

Have you watched the russian clips in my previous post? there are some devices exist which control the electricity meter speed by inserting in any socket in the house without tempering the meter

Dear BigDog,

Have you watched the russian clips in my previous post? there are some devices exist which control the electricity meter speed by inserting in any socket in the house without tempering the meter
How do you know that those clips are genuine and not fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back