Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Parameters used for modulation techniques detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shruti01

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what are the parameters used on basis of which one can detect the modulation technique used in the system...

Thanx....

Is the amplitude changing? Then AM is being used.

Is the signal a sinewave with changing frequency? Then look for FM to be used. If two alternating frequencies are seen then it's a digital broadcast.

Are pulses changing in frequency but not width? Then duty cycle is the modulating method.

Are pulses changing in width but not frequency? Then PWM is used.

hello,

My received signal contains a set of sample points... How do I detect which modulation technique is being used....For ex- how to detect whether the modulation technique used is BPSK or QPSK..... On basis of what parameters can I detect the modulation technique used....

thanx...

A distinguishing characteristic that turns up: One of the two uses more bandwidth than the other.

Here is a website telling how to demodulate, using scatter-plots and eye diagrams.

**broken link removed**

My received signal contains a set of sample points........ From these set of sample points, on basis of what parameters can one detect the modulation technique used........

Thanx...........

---------- Post added at 05:47 ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 ----------

Hello,

How to construct eye diagram from received signal that consists of a set of sample points to detect the modulation technique being used and also how to recover the original message data.

Thanx...

Is eye pattern useful in determining the modulation technique used............ If the number of eye opening is 1 then it means the modulation technique is BPSK. If the number of eye opening is 3 then it means it is QPSK.... Am I correct......What will be number of eye openings for binary amplitude shift keying (BASK), binary frequency shift keying (BFSK), Differential BPSK (DBPSK), Differential QPSK (DQPSK)........

Thanx...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back