Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with Pyramidal Horn Antenna Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayerokk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i've simulated a pyramidal horn antenna using dimensions from balanis' design procedure through the antenna designer kit. now when i try to excite the antenna with a simulated sma connector, i'm getting completely wrong return loss results ... what am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• horn_adk_custom.rar
    46.1 KB · Views: 138

i've simulated a pyramidal horn antenna using dimensions from balanis' design procedure through the antenna designer kit. now when i try to excite the antenna with a simulated sma connector, i'm getting completely wrong return loss results ... what am i doing wrong?

It would be worth stating in the title what software you are using, since nobody has a clue unless they download the rar file.

OK, so after looking I can see it's HFSS. I would suggest two things.

1) When posting an example, don't have a load of frequency points so it takes ages for someone to run.
2) It would be worth uniting the coax_pin and feed_pin. They seem to be joined, but not united, which might, with numerical errors means HFSS is not considering them joined. Just one thought - others might have other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back