Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery model in simulink matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

chd123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii .. I need to do a battery model in simulink, i found the model of a particular battery in a conference paper . i m unable to make it in simulink.. plzz help me with the current-current blocks and the 1/u blocks. thanku.. plzz reply fast.. thanks a lot... :)

The 1/u block is just the reciprocal: f(u) = 1/u.
The voltage-voltage block contains the non-linear function between SOC (state of charge) and output voltage.
It depends on the battery type - may be something like: 1.2 + 0.1*SOC - 0.01*SOC^2 etc...
Without accurate knowlegde of this block the model is useless.

P.S. Rts/Cts and Rtl/Ctl model short and long constant transients

Last edited:
Reactions: chd123

chd123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The 1/u block is just the reciprocal: f(u) = 1/u.
The voltage-voltage block contains the non-linear function between SOC (state of charge) and output voltage.
It depends on the battery type - may be something like: 1.2 + 0.1*SOC - 0.01*SOC^2 etc...
Without accurate knowlegde of this block the model is useless.

P.S. Rts/Cts and Rtl/Ctl model short and long constant transients

thanks for replying.. :)
I m not sure about the details of the model given in the paper .. some data seems to be missing but i m unable to figure out how to proceed can u plz help me.. to knw whether this paper can be implemented without the practical values.. thanks a lot..
p.s link: **broken link removed**

my request seems to be silly but plzz help me.. i dnt knw how to procedd in designing a battery model in matlab for hybris system applicaitons... thanks a lot..

It's a good paper. You can find most of the data that you need from the graphs!
For example you find: Rts, Cts, Rtl, Ctl, full charge Vout, etc...
Start with a first order model (Vout=4.1-alpha1*SOC) and find a good alpha1 from the simulations (match some discharge plot)...

It's a good paper. You can find most of the data that you need from the graphs!
For example you find: Rts, Cts, Rtl, Ctl, full charge Vout, etc...
Start with a first order model (Vout=4.1-alpha1*SOC) and find a good alpha1 from the simulations (match some discharge plot)...

sorry for asking so many times.. but could u please elaborate a little..

sorry for the bump, but I have the exact same problem. @chd123 did you manage to simulate the model after all? Some help would be nice..I found the relation between the VOC and SOC from another paper, but when I simulate this the current is zero so everything is zero.. any ideas?

Thx in advance..

hi, i'm using simulink R2010a which has a battery in the library. I'm working on a grid energy storage model where the storage model control system is meant to check the network voltage (p.u) and then do one of the following;
1] discharge the battery if the voltage is low i.e. below a specified limit of say 0.94 or
2] charge the battery if the voltage is high i.e. above a specified limit of say 0.97 so as to restore the voltage between the predefined limits or
3] take no action

Could i get some help in designing the system. thanx

HI hope you are well,
why do not use the model provided by Matlab, i do not understand why you are trying to develop your own model, see you can implement the simuklink model from the Matlab without being worried about the battery model,

HI hope you are well,
why do not use the model provided by Matlab, i do not understand why you are trying to develop your own model, see you can implement the simuklink model from the Matlab without being worried about the battery model,

HI hope you are well
I work on the modeling of Li-ion battery, and I want implement the model provided by MATLAB but I dont know what block used to implement the function of charge and discharge batteryh.GIF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back