Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this component called ? (for Probe-station measurements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have seen this component, as attached. It is used for holding the chip under on-wafer measurements. It has some holes to let the chip sucked by the vacuum pump of the probe station.

However, I don't know exactly what it is called and where I can buy it.

Anyone knows this component and where to buy ?

Thanks a lot,

DYL

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 58

Hi volker_muehlhaus,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

However, I think that the "chuck" means the big aluminum supporter underneath this component. The chuck itself provides the wafer supporter and the chuck normally comes with the probe station.

This component (the black rectangle one), I think, we need to buy it separately. It is placed between the chuck and the chip to support the chip, which is much smaller than the wafer size. We cannot use the vacuum hole from the chuck to attach the chip directly, because the separation of each hole is too far compared to the size of the chip.

Thank you very much again for your answer :)

DYL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back