Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me - How Rectifier sinusal wave when zero is 2.5volt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aly

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I use ACS 756 (Allegro Current Sensor) it's hall effect sensor with just have 5-pins VCC, GND, Output, IP+ and IP- the output have scale of actual current from primary conductor to calculate current (Nominally 66mv per Amp) when the primary conductor current is zero the output voltage is 2.5 volt there is no problem when using DC current sensing just get A/D value and subtract from 512 and easily can calculate, but when using AC current sensing the output can move from 0 to 5volt which 2.5volt known as zero.

I don't know how rectifies with lower than 20mv lost voltage to achieve DC voltage and connect to A/D So anybody know how rectifies this output which circuit you'll prefer to use ?
please help me

13282256361.png

Last edited:

The easiest method would be to take your sampled waveform from your microcontroller and run it though a rectifying function, like this:
Code:
for i = 0 to sizeof(data)
   if data[i] < 512 then
      data[i] = 1024 - data[i]  <--- simplified from 512 + (512 - data[i])
   end if
next i

You could easily do this for every sampled point, just put the if statement right after you collect the A/D value.

The easiest method would be to take your sampled waveform from your microcontroller and run it though a rectifying function, like this:
Code:
for i = 0 to sizeof(data)
   if data[i] < 512 then
      data[i] = 1024 - data[i]  <--- simplified from 512 + (512 - data[i])
   end if
next i

You could easily do this for every sampled point, just put the if statement right after you collect the A/D value.

Thanks, i used it before by getting A/D value and seek for maximum value by compare from last A/D value after that i divide this value by 1.4142 to get Effective current .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
T1 = ADIN 0
IF T1 < 512 THEN EXIT

IF T1 > T2 THEN 'the sinus wave is increasing
T2 = T1
ELSEIF T1 < T2 THEN 'the max point has got
Out = T2
T2 = 0
Out = Out / 1.4142

EXIT:
------------------------

this code will run each 400microsecond by timer but i think may not work if the current degree change instantly.

help me is it possible to change phase while the load change on the high voltage network ?
if it's possible so i need to rectifies sensor output.

Status
Not open for further replies.