Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some doubts in Spread Spectrum Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVenky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently I read an article on DSSS. I don't know a lot about it so I have some doubts in it. Basically they say they increase the bandwidth and make it look like a Gaussian noise. If this is the case then the signal energy is spread throughout the entire spectrum than a normal narrow band signal. When they use a correlator in the receiver then this correlator gives you the maximum output for the signal and removes any interfering narrow band signal.

Now this is my doubt- How can this prevent the enemy from reading this? I mean if they believe that the noise they see is DSSS then they too can decode the message using the correlator right?

Thanks in advance.

DSSS is wide-band modulation with a pseudo-random carrier. That can only happen if the enemy has the pseudo-random modulation code and can synchronous with it

Status
Not open for further replies.