Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS module, the connection to the DNS server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dach1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,

I have one problem and I hope that you can help me.:smile:

Well, I use GPRS modul Quectel M72.
I have established communication server - client with static IP addresses using the internal TCP / IP stack.
But also I have a need to use a SIM card with dynamic IP addresses.
Then, my module should establish a connection with a DNS server (DNS settings are: IP address of the server, DNS zone name and port).
The module should set its own serial number and IP address of the DNS server.
Is it possible to achieve this kind of communication with the DNS server, using the integrated application layer (HTTP)?:roll:

Hi, and Welcome to Edaboard,

For dynamic IP you must use Dynamic DNS service.

DDNS service can be updated with changed IP over HTTP no problem. But check capabilities of device what you use.

Lots of devices today support DDNS service.

There you can find documentation, firmware, software of this module :
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Hi, and Welcome to Edaboard,

For dynamic IP you must use Dynamic DNS service.

DDNS service can be updated with changed IP over HTTP no problem. But check capabilities of device what you use.

Lots of devices today support DDNS service.

There you can find documentation, firmware, software of this module :
**broken link removed**

hi,

Thanks for your reply.:wink:

I think that the modem M72 has only the following non transparent mode:TCP, PPP, UDP and FTP.

According to this I would have to write MY DNS protocol or .......?:sad:
Is it a dynamic IP address GPRS modem can be found on any other way?:!:

Do you know that GPRS module supports DDNS service?

Before 10 years, I use simple method to get IP of my GPRS phone on remote site for CCTV. I just send SMS to remote phone, small program check IP and send me IP in SMS back. :-D

But now there is lots of products in market. Of course sometimes lots of GSM things depends from operater network configuration. Today we live in Orwell envirovment, and all is under question.

**broken link removed**

gprs module with ddns for remote monitoring(F2103i) Sales, Buy gprs module with ddns for remote monitoring(F2103i) Products from alibaba.com

Configure a GPRS/DynDns connexion [Rlc support]

Status
Not open for further replies.