Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can the acceleration & deceleration values be change of an inverter connected to

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishdeshmuk

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can the acceleration & deceleration values be change of an inverter connected to

How can the acceleration & deceleration values be change of an inverter connected to the motor ?

How can we figure out that what should be the acceleration & deceleration time for any particular motor for any given process ?

thanks Y0

Re: How can the acceleration & deceleration values be change of an inverter connected

An inverter is an electronic device so in theory its parameters can be modulated in real time. What the manufacturers have provided you with is a different question.
A motors load will have a sticktion component and an inertial component. So first you have to find out how much power is required to break the load free (end of sticktion) and then find out the power required to get it up to speed (inertial component). Then you can calculate how fast your motor can supply this power and then design the start system to deliver this power without overloading the motor. This will then give your acceleration time. Once the system is rotating, it has power stored in it so it would free wheel to rest in some time, due to friction absorbing the power. If you arrange for the motor to act as a brake (generate a voltage), the power would end up in the braking resistor. Again, the motor must not be over loaded due to excessive current and the resistor due to excessive power dissipation. A good way is to copy what is already out there.
Frank
Frank

Re: How can the acceleration & deceleration values be change of an inverter connected

i mean to ask , how can the acceleration & deceleration values be change automatically (or by some programming corruption or corrupting of its parameters) of an inverter connected to the motor ? Can it be happen ?

The acceleration, deceleration and speed of many, if not most, motor controllers today will accept a 0-5 volt signal for control. (Alternatively, some use a current control, but the principle is the same.) The voltage signal can be easily created with an MCU by generating a PWM, then passing that through a low-pass filter (i.e., resistor in series and capacitor to ground.). We would need to know the specific drives that you intend to use to be more detailed.

Here are two examples from KB drives. The first is a VFD for controlling a 3-phase motor. The second is considerably less expensive and is for a DC motor. I have used both. Generally, once you set the acceleration/deceleration, you do not need to adjust them.

KBAC-24D Black (9987) AC Drives, Nema 4x Inverter - KB-Controls.com, Your online Shopping for AC & DC Controls & Drives
KBIC-125 (9433) DC Drives, Chassis - KB-Controls.com, Your online Shopping for AC & DC Controls & Drives

John

How can the acceleration & deceleration values be change of an inverter connected to the motor ?

How can we figure out that what should be the acceleration & deceleration time for any particular motor for any given process ?

thanks Y0

i mean to ask , how can the acceleration & deceleration values be change automatically (or by some programming corruption or corrupting of its parameters) of an inverter connected to the motor ? Can it be happen ?
You are talking about loss of inverter configuration parameters? It may happen under special conditions. Generally speaking, I would consider it as a case of a faulty or buggy (bad designed) inverter. It should never happen with a reliable product. I would also ask if it may be a case of inadvertent or non-authorized user action?

I would apply common sense in a first place. Chuckey has explained some criteria for a reasonable ramp settings. The deceleration ramp for a drive with large inertia is a special thing. Without breaking resistor, you are effectively unable to break the motor, so the deceleration ramp can't be shorter than the time needed for the drive to come to a stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back