Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am looking for temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taro

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm335 maxim

I am looking for temperature sensor, which worh at 3.0V, 1 celcius resolution, low price, fair sensitivity

Could anyone suggest me the interrest one?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Look at Maxim's selection chart :

h**p://para.maxim-ic.com/compare.asp?Fam=Temp_Sens&Tree=Sensors&HP=Sensors.cfm&ln=

* = t

Low cost with i2c interface LM75, DS75.

LM75 have 9 bit resolution but DS75 have 12bit instead.

hxxp://www.temperatures.com/

maybe this site can be of some help

i think u can use LM35, LM335 or LM590
and may be LM590 better but more expensive ;)

If the temperature range is 0 to 100 deg. celcius, LM35 should be user friendly for general purpose apps.

bimbla.

another alternative is use thermocouple, but require more hard. I use thermocouple in temperature control and the result are very good.

Texas Instruments

TMP100 and TMP 101

They work in 3V or 5V are small and give you the temperature digitally converted with 12 bits in a i2c bus.

And are cheap.

Taro said:
I am looking for temperature sensor, which worh at 3.0V, 1 celcius resolution, low price, fair sensitivity

Could anyone suggest me the interrest one?
Thanks in advance

Okay I know specifications. Now! For how far away do you need this sensor to measure the temperature?

You would not believe it that now for some fair price you can measure temperature 2miles away.

just for anyone who is interested antennas can serve as well as temperature sensors.

djalli

hi

Thermistor is also a good solution and it also cheap see for more detail the attach file how to interface thermistor with adc and Uc

I don't recommend using LM335 sensor in your application.
Manufacturers say LM335 have 1 degree accuracy but i took two sensors from different series and temperature they show differs 2-3 C

jotu22 said:
Manufacturers say LM335 have 1 degree accuracy but i took two sensors from different series and temperature they show differs 2-3 C

LM335 have analog output and you need calibrated ADC for reading temperature, but digital sensors like LM75, DS75 have internal ADC and I2C interface.

Hi

You can use DS18s20 1-wire 3V -55 to +125 operation range
digital thermometer

**broken link removed**

It might be a bit more cost and functionality than you are looking for but try h**p://www.sensirion.com. They have temperature and humidity in one sensor (easy calculation of dewpoint) with an easy to use serial interface.[/url]

jotu22 said:
even more important than the sensitivity of the sensor is the way that sensor has been mounted. if sensors are mounted in a poor way it takes considerably long time before they reach equilibrium with the substance that you are trying to measure its temperature. if you mount two sensors exactly the same way and also calibrate them to compensate any possible error, there is no reason for such a difference .I have used LM35 happily many times. although it is analog, it is very precise and surely can give accuracy of 0.5 degree centigrade.

h**p://www.lakeshore.com

Depending on your specific application, they mainly carry thermal sensor for cryogenics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back