Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting of Wavecom Supreme modem to Data Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezamahdi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..
I'm newbie in this forum

I worked at the Indonesian Meteorological Agency. I have two new Supreme Wavecom modems. I will use the modems to communication of data from Automatic Weather Station (AWS) with my PC. Modem "A" installed in my PC and Modem "B" installed in the weather station.

If I try to dial-up modem "B", the response is "NO CARRIER". Cellular operators provide data / fax calling. I have activated GPRS feature on both my SIM-cards. and if i try to voice calls, it's OK and I can receive it. I use the operator "INDOSAT MATRIX"

1. What settings should I do on my modems (modem A and modem B)
2. What is a "NO CARRIER"
3. For the modem initialization string, what should I do

Plz help me ..:smile::smile::smile:

Thank you

Are these GSM modem?

If GSM modem, than NO CARRIER means wither their is NO SIM present on modem, or SIM is not registering with network.

Are these GSM modem?

If GSM modem, than NO CARRIER means wither their is NO SIM present on modem, or SIM is not registering with network.

It is the GSM Modem. I have registered of SIM. This is the picture when I use Data Call.

wavecom.JPG

Can you help me?

You are getting NO CARRIER message, which means either SIM in not registered to Network or Their is no SIM SIGNAL.

Do one thing, Power ON your MODEM, than Call Modem SIM Number from your mobile, and check either you are receiving 'RING' Message in a PC from Modem at every Ring or no response, If you are Receiving RING message from MODEM to PC, than it means their is another problem, if you are not receiving any RING Message than you must need to check your SIM with any mobile phone.

Do let me know

You are getting NO CARRIER message, which means either SIM in not registered to Network or Their is no SIM SIGNAL.

Do one thing, Power ON your MODEM, than Call Modem SIM Number from your mobile, and check either you are receiving 'RING' Message in a PC from Modem at every Ring or no response, If you are Receiving RING message from MODEM to PC, than it means their is another problem, if you are not receiving any RING Message than you must need to check your SIM with any mobile phone.

Do let me know

wavecom2.JPG

I have tried to call into this modem, the response is ok.
And I also have a call to my cell, the response is a RING

Approximately, what's the problem?

View attachment 67621

I have tried to call into this modem, the response is ok.
And I also have a call to my cell, the response is a RING

Approximately, what's the problem?

Had you checked your SIM for GPRS connection with any GPRS mobile? test your SIM with any GPRS enable mobile, may be Internet is not getting ON by service provider, or their should be some configuration required by your SIM Network to perform Internet type communication with SIM. Try to use Internet with your SIM using any mobile

hello.. I'm dhiyak from surabaya indonesia,
I use wavecom for remote monitoring and controlling of switchgear.
I get same problem, cannot dial data.
I tried use XL, it only can call pstn (telkom network no telkomsel or other gprs network).
If your solution already solved, please share to us.
Email: dhi_yak@yahoo.com.sg
thx

Hello, Can you find the way to do data cal with wavecom modules? I have the same problem, could you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back