Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim300 server.exe not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitcg

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I am trying to connect to internet with SIM300 MODEM , i am able to access websites like Google.com , by sending command to sim300 through hyperterminal , but i want to transmit data from SIM300 to some server etc on internet , so to verify it , i used SERVER.EXE , and followed the procedure to set up port etc , and then i tried to connect with My PC , through GPRS on SIM300 modem , but it can not connect ,

AT+CGATT=1
OK

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com"
OK

AT+CSTT="airtelgprs.com","",""
OK

AT+CIICR
OK

AT+CIFSR

AT+CIPSTATUS

OK

STATE: IP STATUS

AT+CIPHEAD=1

OK

AT+CDNSORIP=0

OK

AT+CIPSTART="TCP","192.168.1.2","2020"

OK

STATE: TCP CONNECTING

CONNECT FAIL

AT+CIPCLOSE

CLOSE OK

i have also gone through https://www.edaboard.com/threads/232929/ , they are using somethign like Port forwarding, that i think because they are using Router , while i have only ADSL modem and my PC ,

still it does not work ,or there any other method to verify and see the Data sent from SIM300 over gprs network , in case i don't own a website or server space.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

I have also used my Public IP address instead of Local ip "192.168.1.2" , while sending CIPSTART command , but still it does not work

Please note that the entire thing would work in a client server architecture.
If you are using your PC, i think its a client that is connected to a net connection having an IP address as stated by you.
Secondly, your GPRS modem is also a client that need a server to connect with.
In your case, i believe, you are attempting a client to client connection, which would not be possible here.

Status
Not open for further replies.