Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics jobs after B.E. ECE

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVenky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I am doing B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering in one of the reputed colleges of India. I am in my 3rd year. For us only two electronics companies came during the placements. They recruited only 5 people. So most of the people enter the IT industry. I don't want to get into IT. Anyway the placement commences in the next year only for me. I would like to know if there are more electronics companies in India and is it possible to get into electronics companies through off-campus interviews? What do these companies expect from the candidates?

Thanks in advance.

Try out ISA - India Semiconductor Association .. you will get list of core electronics companies in india ... Core companies would obviously look for strong basics ... work on digital , analog , network analysis ... Learn "Verilog" , it would definitely help you ... Get hands on experience on some simulation tools like "questasim" etc. etc. , Add tht in ur CV ..

Try out ISA - India Semiconductor Association .. you will get list of core electronics companies in india ... Core companies would obviously look for strong basics ... work on digital , analog , network analysis ... Learn "Verilog" , it would definitely help you ... Get hands on experience on some simulation tools like "questasim" etc. etc. , Add tht in ur CV ..

I am learning VHDL. What do you think is better? VHDL or Verilog?

Not a problem. But as far as i know , majority of companies ask about verilog . My recent interviews question were based on verilog . Down the line , "system verilog" will takeover everything.

Not a problem. But as far as i know , majority of companies ask about verilog . My recent interviews question were based on verilog . Down the line , "system verilog" will takeover everything.

Okay. I will learn verilog once I finish the project that I am doing in vhdl. It's like Vhdl only right?

Thank you.

Verilog and VHDL are two different hardware description languages. As you said you are working on VHDL, this will help you building logical concepts in designing. Once you have developed you logical thinking, you just need to learn verilog syntax. Learning verilog syntax is not a big deal.

HeadHunters look for people who have the specific list of skills for a particular job. So if you want to pursue a career on electronics companies, as early as now, find out about their job openings and the skills needed. That way you can work to have those set of skills and then highlight it during your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.