Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to plot the Q of a filter from the S-parameter simulation with Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

wht4665453123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have run an S-parameter simulation with Spectre in Cadence and got the S21 of a filter. Can anybody tell me how to plot the Q, which is defined as 3.14*freq*d(phase(S(2,1)))/d(freq)
BTW, the differential term in that definition is also called Group Delay.

My friend told me to export the data into MATLAB and plot the Q. I wonder whether there's a easier way to do it?

I suppose I should use the Calculator tool in Cadence, but I'm not familiar with it.

Thank you very much.

In Cadence Design Environment, "freq" variable being as in ADS is NOT defined, therefore it's almost impossible to draw a curve vs. freq.
But I don't know the recent versions, it could be refined ...
The easiest way to draw this, import s-parameters in MatLab and then define the equation and draw it..
Or, use RFDE ( ADS working in ADE ) and plot this curve as in ADS...

In Cadence Design Environment, "freq" variable being as in ADS is NOT defined,
Correct.

therefore it's almost impossible to draw a curve vs. freq.
But I don't know the recent versions, it could be refined ...
Wrong.
In Cadence Spectre, "freq" is avaliable as xval(s(2,1)).

See https://www.edaboard.com/threads/208177/

Can anybody tell me how to plot the Q, which is defined as 3.14*freq*d(phase(S(2,1)))/d(freq)
Q=( 2*acos(-1)*xval(s(2,1)) )/2 * abs( groupDelay(s(2,1)) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back