Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence 16.3 pcb routing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderboympm

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to create the PCB of the circuit i created in Cadence capture 16.3. i created the netlist also.now how can i create the pcb for that particular circuit.
i have an experience in orcad layout pus 9.2.

Map all symbols to appropriate footprints, add the footprint into the library of Allegro and make sure your DRC is proper and contains no errors in capture. Create a Board outline in Allegro and import the net list..

Map all symbols to appropriate footprints, add the footprint into the library of Allegro and make sure your DRC is proper and contains no errors in capture. Create a Board outline in Allegro and import the net list..

i completed the schematic in capture CIS without any error in DRC. i completed the netlist creation also. but my confusion is to which i need to create the netlist for layout or the pcb editor. how can i import the created netlist to the pcb editor.
the information you gave is usefull for me it is leading to my goal. thank you

Procedure is as below:
1. The "PCB Footprint" attribute of Orcad must have valid footprints, meaning the the Allegro (PCB Editor or Layout- both are same) footprint library has footprints with the same name.
2. Once you create the Orcad netlist, import the same in PCB Editor (FILE -> IMPORT -> LOGIC) and specify the path to Orcad netlist.
3. If your "PCB Footprint" attribute is correct, then your schematics will be properly imported into Allegro.

Procedure is as below:
1. The "PCB Footprint" attribute of Orcad must have valid footprints, meaning the the Allegro (PCB Editor or Layout- both are same) footprint library has footprints with the same name.
2. Once you create the Orcad netlist, import the same in PCB Editor (FILE -> IMPORT -> LOGIC) and specify the path to Orcad netlist.
3. If your "PCB Footprint" attribute is correct, then your schematics will be properly imported into Allegro.
i got an error like this
(---------------------------------------------------------------------)
( )
( Netrev Allegro Import Logic )
( )
( Drawing : robot.brd )
( Software Version : 16.3p004 )
( Date/Time : Thu Dec 29 09:22:24 2011 )
( )
(---------------------------------------------------------------------)

------ Directives ------

RIPUP_ETCH FALSE;
RIPUP_SYMBOLS ALWAYS;
Missing symbol has error FALSE;
SCHEMATIC_DIRECTORY 'D:/my elec backups/Schematics/Orcad/MeA college perinthalmenna/vigeash';
BOARD_DIRECTORY '';
OLD_BOARD_NAME 'D:/my elec backups/Schematics/Orcad/MeA college perinthalmenna/vigeash/robot.brd';
NEW_BOARD_NAME 'D:/my elec backups/Schematics/Orcad/MeA college perinthalmenna/vigeash/robot.brd';

CmdLine: netrev -$ -i D:/my elec backups/Schematics/Orcad/MeA college perinthalmenna/vigeash -y 1 D:/my elec backups/Schematics/Orcad/MeA college perinthalmenna/vigeash/#Taaaaaa01592.tmp

------ Preparing to read pst files ------

#1 ERROR(24) File not found
Packager files not found

#2 ERROR(102) Run stopped because errors were detected

netrev run on Dec 29 9:22:24 2011

COMPILE 'logic'
CHECK_PIN_NAMES OFF
CROSS_REFERENCE OFF
FEEDBACK OFF
INCREMENTAL OFF
INTERFACE_TYPE PHYSICAL
MAX_ERRORS 500
MERGE_MINIMUM 5
NET_NAME_CHARS '#%&()*+-./:=>?@[]^_`|'
NET_NAME_LENGTH 24
OVERSIGHTS ON
REPLACE_CHECK OFF
SINGLE_NODE_NETS ON
SPLIT_MINIMUM 0
SUPPRESS 20
WARNINGS ON

2 errors detected
No oversight detected
No warning detected

cpu time 0:00:45
elapsed time 0:00:00

how would i rectify? what may be the problem?
how the footprints can be linked to my schematic?
should i do it in capture or during the pcb creation time?
is there any runACO utility as in layoutplus 9.2 ?

i got an error like this

how would i rectify? what may be the problem?
how the footprints can be linked to my schematic?
should i do it in capture or during the pcb creation time?
is there any runACO utility as in layoutplus 9.2 ?

Hi
You can link the pcb footprint by first opening the property editor(double clicking on the part in your capture project), you will find a tab of footprint where you will have to put appropriate footprint name. The various available footprints in cadence 16.3 can be found in cadence>spb_16.3>share>pcb>pcb_lib>symbols

dear sabu,
In property menu, i can't see any footprint tab. The tabs i see here is parts, shematic nets, flat nets, pins, title blocks, globals, ports, aliases. Thats all. Then what may be the problem

Hi
You should be seeing similar to this

yea, that i know but how i specify a footprint in that box. I can't get any "browse" menu or any other option. Only the thing i can do is to type a text there

Hi
Ok, you have to type the name of the footprint in that box . Now the various footprints available in orcad 16.3 are (as i mentioned earlier) in
(directory where cadence installed) C:\cadence\spb_16.3\share\pcb\pcb_lib\symbols. For example you can find a footprint named(in the mentioned path) res400, this has to be typed in that footprint section in case of a through hole resistor. This has to be done for all the components.

Hi,
Which footprint your using that you copy and paste. Because while typing error will come. This and all I met in my design.

k brother. But how i know which footprint is accurate for my components? And how can i create the footprints

Hi
When you open the footprint in the PCB editor you can see its cordinates. The cordinates are default in (mils, ie 1/1000th of inch) so using that dimensions can be known. There is a book by Kraig Mitzner "Complete PCB Design uisng Orcad Capture and PCB Editor" which explains in detail about creating pcb from scratch . Though it deals with Cadence 16.0,it is similar to 16.3. The following link is also very useful **broken link removed**.

Hope this helps..

my dear friend sabu,
in my part manager "database table", "part number" and "part status" are undefined. even though i specified the pcb footprint
here is the screen of mine

As far I see,it does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back