Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image processing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_k

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
Can you help me?

Let f(x,y) be an M x N image, and let F(u,v) be its Fourier transform. Let g(x,y) be an image of dimensions (2M) x (2N) , whose Fourier transform G(u,v) is generated from F(u,v) by inserting a row of Zeros (0's) between every two rows of F, and a column of Zeros (0's) between every two columns of F.
What does the image g(x,y) look like in terms of f(x,y) ?

hi,
Can you help me?

Let f(x,y) be an M x N image, and let F(u,v) be its Fourier transform. Let g(x,y) be an image of dimensions (2M) x (2N) , whose Fourier transform G(u,v) is generated from F(u,v) by inserting a row of Zeros (0's) between every two rows of F, and a column of Zeros (0's) between every two columns of F.
What does the image g(x,y) look like in terms of f(x,y) ?

For example, I consider F(x,y) be an image of order 2 x 2. If I insert a row of Zeros (0's) between every two rows of F, and a column of Zeros (0's) between every two columns of F. Then, it become G(x,y) image of order 3 x 3 but not 4 x 4.
So, Please check your question once.

Even, insertion of zeros leads to black image.

hi,We need to add zeros at the edges,like that:
**broken link removed**

I think the answer is g(x,y)= 0.25f(x mod M,y mod N) but i dont know prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back