Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EXAMPLES for HITECH C step by step beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

aredhel_vlsi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I would like to ask where I could find some examples for HITECH C to compile step by step simple applications, such USART, or PWM. It's the first time I deal with PIC and embedded C so please be elaborate.

I 've found a similar thread but it is very old. At that thread https://www.edaboard.com/threads/35128/ I read there is an example folder. the only folders I found was 9.82 and 9.83 which is the version of HITECH compiler. That folders include just the manuals.
-Do you mean the pdfs? I wouldn't say they include lots of programs , and the manual is not so user friendly for a newbie. For example, Texas Instruments have much better and completed examples for lots of applications.
-If not, how can I find these examples? Should they be installed with the compiler?

I've only made some Hello World programs with LEDS and delays. I wanna learn how to use TIMERS etc.

Thank you very much !

The best PIC and HiTech C Compiler tutorials available are the following:

**broken link removed**

They cover both the Baseline and Midrange PICs using the HiTech C Compiler. Each tutorial is available in PDF format along with the associated project files.

Very professionally done covers most of the peripherals available on the Midrange PICs.

BigDog

thank you for your answer, I know that link , but I would like to know if there is something already installed. For example, when you install code composer studio for texas instruments , it comes with a bunch of examples, at least 5 for each category.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Additionally, this guy, has limited tutorials in C. For instance for the use of TIMERS includes only assembly code which is useless for me...

Sort of.

If you look in the installation directory PICC/Samples you find some examples demonstrating several of the libraries, features and peripherals of that particular family of PICs.

Unfortunately, the samples do not come with any sort of documentation, other than comments in code.

A better source for HiTech source code examples is:

MicrochipC.com PIC Micros and C

The following sites offer tutorials covering several topics using HiTech C:

eXtreme Electronics PIC Tutorials

PyroElectro Tutorials

Welcome to ermicroblog

BigDog

I am grateful, thank you both. I ve got work to do ...

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

BigDog, I finally found these examples you re talking about.. But "This source code may only be used by licensed users of the CCS C compiler. "
Does this mean code composed studio maybe? and the example works with " the PCB and PCM compilers".
So it would be ideal if HITECH had some official and organised examples, I am dissapointed .. But fortunately there is stuff around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back