Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 bit paralle addressable mp3 chip for sound playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonmonkey

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there an 8bit mp3 chip that can be addressed using an 8 bit microcontroller like a pic 16f877? after i put the sound files into the chip i never again need to change them, only have the microcontroller select which file to play and then play it. i only need about 10-20 individual sounds. i do this already using a isd2590 sound chip, but the sound quality is poor. i would like to up the fidelity of the system, either with a mp3 or some other higher quality sound device. I can not address the sound chip using any seriel protical because i dont know how to do it,also my microcontroller is busy performing other functions like polling switches, and turning on and off motors and lights. any ideas? i have been looking online and cant find any.Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.