Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with temp sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foresttree1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was required to interface a max6675 temp. sensor with a spartan 3e fpga board using vhdl. The temp was supposed to be displayed on a extension board with a 7 bit display. i have managed to get everything working but i have one small problem that i can't seem to solve. curently in order to read the temp, i have to to select the reset button to do it. when i release the reset button, it reads the current temp and shows it on the display but i need it to run in real time. I have tried for hour but still can seem to figure out what is the problem so i was hoping some of the pros here can help me figure out what is wrong. thanks. i have attached a word doc containing the codes that i used.

Attachments

• Temp Sensor.doc
    36 KB · Views: 56

can you upload the FSM used for max6675. it will be helpful to locate the problem

what fsm. i am still new to this so i am not sure. but basically the codes above where all the codes i used except for the scan4digit and d4to7 which i though was not important as they are mainly for the 7 bit display.

Status
Not open for further replies.