Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Suggestion for Solid State Relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertan2002

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

We decided to use a ssr for my project. And I am doing this project for my university. Well I want to control some machines (Inductive Systems ).. I mean I will open and close them..

But they use contactors after fuses. Well I am using PIC 18f4550.. So my system will be like

PIC ===> SSR ==> Fuse==> Contactor==> machine...

so,what is the best option for this system? I will control relay by 5 V but i am not sure current is enough.. but i can use a npn transistor..
and technician said to me, the machines use max 3 A and it works in 220 V...

so which kind of SSR is better? I could use moc-triac but it has to be perfect system and ssr is better then our lecturer has chosed it also..
first time I will control 6 machines then I need 6 relays after If we get some performance, We will apply this project to all faculties.. I am looking forward your advice what you use in practice or ideal...

second question tht

ssr akım yükseltme çıkış.png

i will use this circuit.. is it good / enough ?

I hope I could explain my problems..

Thank you

Last edited:

hi,
you can try these SSR's if you want to replace your EM relay........also with zero crossing detector.....
https://www.sharpsma.com/webfm_send/298
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

there are many available in the market with the specification you need........you may check with your local suppliers...

Regards,
ea

Last edited:
hi, thank you for reply...

I am checking them.. And I have still problem.. I searched very much about it but still I am confused. Well I need zero crossing in my system?

I will give DC (from pic) to relay and I will control AC system (Machines) .. I dont have any idea about zero crossing? Is it necessary? And How I can do it?

Thanx

If you plan to use Zero Crossing on the SSR, I think it will not give any good impact to the machines, as this will be available to the relay only and the Contactor will be turning ON the machines and the Contactor Contacts have no Zero Crossing implementation, which I think will have no benefit from that back circuit implemented Zero Crossing. If I recommend you any SSR, may not be available in your area. Better have a survey of your market and post here the available SSR part number. This will give a better opportunity to the guiding people for selecting an SSR. Your circuit is ok, suggesting use one pull down resistor on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.