Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM35 and PIC16F877 Air Conditioner Control with a display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saadeddin_90

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would need your help in my project, I want to use a Temp sensor LM35 along with PC16F877A to monitor the temperature and control the level of Air Conditioning, like:

Less than 20C: Off , both LEDs off , and show the word "OFF" on a display.
20C-40C Low , LED1 ON only, and write "LOW" on the display
40C-60C High, LED2 ON only, and write "HIGH" on the display

What circuitry should I need? external OSC or the internal one? What LCD Display should I use?

Will I need an amplifier for the voltage that I get from the LM35? I couldn't determine the circuitry when I wanted to do it on PROTEUS...Could you help me please? I am reading now about how to code for that project, but I need help in the PROTEUS diagram and determining what components should I use.

PLEASE I need the connections, that's the most important for now, I'm now teaching myself from different resources how to write in c.

Thanks

you can chose the same components from proteus. If you are using version 7.8 there is a model for temperature sensor. The lcd you need to chose is 16X1 \16X2 lcd. Led shouldnot be generic.

I would need your help in my project, I want to use a Temp sensor LM35 along with PC16F877A to monitor the temperature and control the level of Air Conditioning, like:

Less than 20C: Off , both LEDs off , and show the word "OFF" on a display.
20C-40C Low , LED1 ON only, and write "LOW" on the display
40C-60C High, LED2 ON only, and write "HIGH" on the display
What circuitry should I need? external OSC or the internal one? What LCD Display should I use?

16F877A doesn't have internal oscillator.

Will I need an amplifier for the voltage that I get from the LM35?
Not really required. The 10-bit ADC can read the voltages properly. However, if you want to measure negative voltages, you could have a differential amplifier at the output of the LM35.

I couldn't determine the circuitry when I wanted to do it on PROTEUS...Could you help me please? I am reading now about how to code for that project, but I need help in the PROTEUS diagram and determining what components should I use. PLEASE I need the connections, that's the most important for now, I'm now teaching myself from different resources how to write in c.

Where exactly are you stuck? What have you selected so far? In Proteus, there is a model for LM35, there is a model for PIC16F877A and LCD/7-segment as well. You have everything you need for this project. You can get examples here:

Tahmid's blog

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

The project is nice.... but the Code is not given for this project in the site...

I made aprojec using Pic16F877A and temp sensor LM35 and ..diplayed the temp on 2*16 LCD using C coding ..if u need the code ..i would send it to u :)

im also working on same projects can u plz give source code as well as ckt diagram.:sad:

check out this doc.
it's not mine. But most useful

Attachments

• Air Conditioner Adapter_IR Remote Control.pdf
    397.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Tiny 13V Controller.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
  • MideaIR_brd.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 71
  • MideaIR_src.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 71

Status