Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] recommend for VLSI ,Analog/Mixed signal iC for MS program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathson

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I am not sure it is right to post it here...
But I really thanks all the kind and smart experts in this forum!!!
I am applying for graduate school (master program in VLSI or Analog/Mixed signal IC) in US for 2012. :grin:Do you have any recommend? My plan is to find a job in the related field but I will definitely go for PhD degree in the near future.
Now I choose these but I thought that may be too much, can you recommend 6~8 from them?

USC, UCSD, UCSB, UCI
UMN, UFL, UMASS, Oregon State U, ASU, UTDallas, TAMU
SJSU, SCU

Thanks.
mathson

Well, I don't know specifically about MS program (because mostly, MS program comes down to taking courses to graduate), but if you want to work with professors, here are list of good Mixed Signal + RFIC/MM-wave schools in the U.S that are considered top notch.

UC Berkeley
UCLA
Stanford

UCSD
Oregon State University
Michigan
Caltech
Georgia Tech

Columbia
University of Washington
UT Austin
TAMU
Cornell
USC

Majority of journal publications come from these institutions in the U.S.

Among the schools you've listed,

OSU and UCSD would definitely make into top 10 circuit programs in the U.S. If you plan on getting a job in the U.S., look into schools with a big company around it. You have a better chance to be hired if you're close to the company geographically as well. (OSU and intel, UCSD and qualcomm, UCLA and broadcom)

Hope it helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.