Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making things programmable

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjoe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
just wondering and making a research..

how do they make an electronic device programmable?.. like I mean, how do network of transistors become programmable,.

I am just amaze that these programmable devices, when you program them, they have the ability to link them selves or adjust themselves to execute the instruction.

this is the power of the digital electronics ....if you are interested in really bascis of it....start working on some of the FPGA.... write as simple counting/ timer kind of code ....and see the gate architecture diagram from FPGA...you will realize the how the connection will be made and functionality will be acheived.....then you also can replace the Flip-Flop adn gates with transistors....you will get your answers....

Good Luck

thanks man, for your reply, I just hope you could share a link or a site that would help get the answers

Status
Not open for further replies.