Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm electronic student, currently doing one Project (Simple Stereo Audio Amplifier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

az00025

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does any Know how to design simple Stereo Audio Amplifier(Pre-Amp+Tone Control+Output Stage) by using LM358 op-amp and (8 ohm Speaker) ,the circuit should be working with 4.5V (e.g. 3 AA batteries)...????
I designed several circuits but I got 2 much noise
>>>>one of the circuit that I built is show below(Op-Amp Audio Amplifier)...

Stereo Audio Amplifier circuit.jpg

However the main two problems that I found are:
1) Too much voltage gain (x300), and a noisy signal reference due to thermal noise from the 1M resistors. Assuming a 20kHz bandwidth I calculate 5.4mV of noise at the output, which is likely to be audible.

2)Another possible issue is instability. RF oscillation sometimes shows itself as excessive audio noise.
I'm experimenting this circuit but unfortunately,i'm still facing these problems.... any suggestion with some details to how reduce excessive audio noise....any help, I will appreciate it..
<<<Does anyone have a solution for these problems?????PLZ>>>..........

In your diagram the 1M ohm resistor from the output of the second amp, to its -ve input, divided by the 3.3K feeding the -ve input sets the gain, try reducing, the 1M to ,say 100K.
Does this amplifier need 1 Mohm input impedance, if you are driving it from a low impedance mic. then an input impedance of 10K would still be too high.
It is good practice to decouple the voltage tap off point for the 1 M ohm bias resistors, try 10 MF.
RF instability can be isolated by decoupling points in the circuit with a .001 MF capacitor, it should have no effect , other then a small "plop" when it is connected, if it makes the amplifier a lot quieter, then you have a problem.
Frank

After testing the circuit, some change done on some values of resistors such a feed back resistor from 1M to 100K to reduce the gain,but I still get some noise:-(. However the thing that I'm not sure about is input impedance??? and what is purpose for decoupling voltage tap off point for 1M bias resistor ??

Make use of Metal Film resistors.
They are cheap these days and help to improve noise figure over carbon resistors

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back