Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a multi-wavelength LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

serhannn

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In order to use in an optical imaging project, we need a multi-wavelength LED with all its wavelengths being in near-infrared range (600-900 nm). I looked up to some vendors like Digikey and Farnell but couldn't really find any of these.. I only encountered one such LED, produced by a company called Epitex (based in Japan), but couldn't find any distributor information or their products catalogued on any of the big vendors' web sites. Does anyone know where we can find such equipment?

Thanks a lot.

Thank you milesguidon. Somehow I missed this one, it's a little of the wavelengths that is required for us, but still it's good to know such stuff exists on digikey etc. Maybe I should search more for appropriate wavelengths.. We need something like 750/800/850 , with tolerance of 10-20 nm.

There are diodes which are made liek RGB one (few structures in one housing), but I don't think there are ones wavelength of which you can vary continuously. This is because wavelength depends mainly on geometrical and chemical parameters (like thickness of some layer or level of doping in semiconductor etc.) none of which you can vary with voltage, current or frequency.

I THINK that there may be some diodes which emit numerous wavelengths at the same time (like white ones)
white_led_plot.jpg

I assume there might be something similar in IR range

Status
Not open for further replies.