Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fingerprint enhancement using gabor filter using c

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibhukalyan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I want to use gabor filter for enhancement of fingerprint image.For this i am referring this.
I know how to calculate the orientation of fingerprint.But i am not able to understand how to calculate the other parameter.
Can anyone explain me how to calculate the required parameters so that i can built a c code for it ?
or Explain me the gabor filter so that i am able to create a c code for it.(input is a fingerprint image and i know the pixel values)

thanks
bibhu.

I want to convert the below equation into a c code.
gabor eq:

G(x,y,theta,T) = exp{-0.5 (x'^2 / sigma_x^2 + y'^2 / sigma_y^2)}cos(2*pi*x'/T).

x' = x cos(theta) + y sin(theta);
y' = -x sin(theta) + y cos(theta);
sigma = standard deviation
T is the period of the sinusoidal plane wave

Here i know the theta - orientation of fingerprint image.

but for an image what is x,y,T,sigma_x and sigma_y and how i will calculate it.
please help me to calculate these things for fingerprint image.

thanks.

Hi,

I kindly ask your help with some information of Enhancement for fingerprint using Gabor filter by Matlab...Actually I just start my project with this and I need some keys to go with this way as I believe that you have an experience with this....please send me any information/papers that you thing will help me.

your help is highly appreciated

Use complex lib in header reference. you can try

Attachments

• complex.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: FULTON

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

FULTON

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi phongphan,

Thank you for your reply! I've seen ur files, it's very useful but I'm using Matlab not C++ .....one more request! do you have any papers/thesis/links about Fingerprint enhancement using gabor filter as I need it for my upcoming presentation....

Thanks & Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back