Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a magnetron used in microwaves ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you explain about them more " coders and decoders for the Row_Column circuitry " ?

How they work ? And, what generally the voltages & circuitry of these ?

thanks

oops, so difficult to teach through text if you are not familiar with.

kindly, provide any tutorial ? or text or any link ........

But if the power is al-right .... and the buttons have the problem , can we clean or replace the buttons or the whole keypad of the microwave ?
Checking of all the voltages supply , etc, is just a try to narrow the problem indication. If the supply and voltages are fine, then we have to look what other possibility is there, whether the keys themselves are bad, the PCB is problematic or some other interfacing circuit is creating problem. If the button are are of Touch type plastic keys or sealed type switches, this all can be answered by looking on there OR you upload the real PCB image here for a better advice.
Hope will help you for diagnosing.

Reactions: munzir

munzir

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Most microwaves use sealed membrane keypads because they are completely waterproof and can be wiped clean. I have seen some suggestions on how they might be repaired but the only practical solution is to replace them. The usual failure mechanism is the top (visible) layer gradually stretching through being pressed many times and closing the gap between the contacts until they remain permanently closed.

Munzir, the test a multiplexed keypad you really need to use an oscilloscope. One side of the keys is driven and the other side is sensed, you need to look at the drive waveform and check it steps from one row/column (whichever is the driven side) line to the next. If the drive signals are OK, you then have to probe the signals returning from the keypad and check that pressing each key produces a signal back on one, and only one, sense line.

Brian.

Reactions: munzir

munzir

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
... and if you don't have this basic knowledge of how a keypad gets coded/decoded, you don't need to go further.
Sorry guys, this is wasted energy

no i don't have this basic knowledge but i want to learn & understand now on this forum

Look in post number #24 above, I provided you the links for learning the Coders/Decoders. You need an extensive study to get the knowledge at least the basics. This forum will definitely guide you but not teach you.

STUDY IS AS ESSENTIAL FOR KNOWLEDGE AS WATER IS ESSENTIAL FOR LOTUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back