Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect p89v51rd2(8051) having ir receiver at input and uln2803 at output

Status
Not open for further replies.

navneet sngh

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
how can i connect the output of IR Receiver to input of p89v51rd2 microcontroller and output of microcontroller to drive a uln2803.if i connect output of ir receiver(4.94v)directly to my microcontroller pin,will my microcontroller work?
and one more thing,can i connect microcontroller output directly to uln2803

You may check if they have the same speed (bit rate) and same logic level voltage. I am not familiar with IR transceivers, refer to its datasheet.

if i connect output of ir receiver(4.94v)directly to my microcontroller pin,will my microcontroller work?
The microcontroller you are using works at 5V so you can use the 4.94V input to the microcontroller directly.
You wish to read this, therefore the pin on which you connect this input has to be configured as input pin by writing a HIGH (or 1) to that port pin. By the way what port you are using !! and what pin !!
can i connect microcontroller output directly to uln2803
Yes you can connect the microcontroller output directly to ULN 2803. The port pin you are using for this purpose is to be configured as an output by writing a LOW (or 0) to this pin.

i am connecting my ir receiver output at P3^0 and output from P2^0 to uln 2803...so whenever my ir receiver will detect some thing,,it will give output as 1 to microcontroller
and microcontroller will give output as 1 to drive uln2803
can u give some idea how to write c program for this

I can provide you logic and if needed, parts of program in Assembly.

that will be very nice of you....i will write c program from assembly

Here is short piece of code doing what is under discussion.
You can use the logic and modify the code to serve your purpose.

ORG 00​
AGAIN: SETB P3.0
CLR P2.0​
CHECK: JNB P3.0 CHECK ; KEEP POLLING P3.0
SETB P2.0 ; ACTIVATE OUTPUT​
CALL DELAY ; WAIT TILL YOU NEED​
; THE ALARM OR WHATEVER​
SJMP AGAIN​

DELAY: ;DELAY SUBROUTINE HERE
;
;
;
RET​

i am connecting my ir receiver output at P3^0 and output from P2^0 to uln 2803...so whenever my ir receiver will detect some thing,,it will give output as 1 to microcontroller
and microcontroller will give output as 1 to drive uln2803
can u give some idea how to write c program for this

Your application seems to be very simple.I can send u the complete C code..just upload your circuit diagram and give in your exact requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back