Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Bulk SMS GSM Modem Pool Using 8SIM300W Modules and ATMEGA32 with I2C Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohaibafzal

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,

I have a plan to make a Bulk SMS Modem Pool to send Advertisment sms.

I have 8 sim300W GSM modules and 1 atmega32, is it possible to make Master, slave Interface using I2C Protocol to communicate with all modules?

Or i have to make 8 serial UART using BIT Banging?

Thanks in Advance

Another option is multiplexing. You can use 8 modems through single uart available by multiplexing the signals.

Another option is multiplexing. You can use 8 modems through single uart available by multiplexing the signals.

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

yes multiplexing is another option, but what will happen when i receive a signal from module, i.e. Alert for SMS, Alert for call, or any other Interrupt?

You can use 3-NXP bridge ICs like SC16IS752(each with two extended uarts).
It has extra pin for indicating interrupt whenever there is data on any if the UARTs.

Regards,
Salman

Thanks SalmanLiaqat,
Is it feasible to make 8 software UART using Bitbanging in ATMEGA32 or PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.