Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Analog Devices ARM7 digital,analog Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm on the process of designing a portable thermal Printer ..Electronics has to be cheap,low power with some analog capabilities and good flash memory capacity for the FONTS as well as a good ram buffer .But most important i need to generate all the control signals for the printer mechanism ..Usually they run data in serially with synchronous clock at 3 to 4 Mhz ,
Well in the past My solution would have been to use a TRISCEND chip ..
But my BELOVED company got EATEN by the MONSTER XILINX ..
So i became lost in this new and Frighten world .But today is a new day! There is hope once again .. i discovered a new family of microcontrollers by ANALOG DEVICES that even has some embedded programable logic . some block like macros of a EPLD .. a powerful ARM7 and a lot of DACS ,ADC .. and the price is correct .! . Time to celebrate .. There is life after TRISCEND ..!

Samples are also avalaible for the ADCU7024!
check it out at

**broken link removed**

Re: New ANALOG DEVICES Arm digital and analog Microcontrolle

Now they look interesting - 10 channels of 12-bit ADC at 1msps - wow!

But a bit hard to breadboard with - chipscale packages only being sampled - hope they sample the qfp packages some time (probably not though).

Still, I'll give it a real good try - time to finish my reflow oven project and dust-off the microscope. Samples on the way :D

FoxyRick.

Status
Not open for further replies.