Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generate clock of frequency 1MHz from an external clock of 100kHz using spartan 3A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasi_badveli

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I would like to generate a clock of frequency 1.6MHz from an external clock of 100KHz using spartan 3A FPGA?i am using verilog HDL for programming.I am very new to FPGAs.I would appreciate help and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you can do that, as the low-frequency limit of the Spartan DLL is 5 MHz. Why such a low clock frequency?

I just wanted to know whether it is possible to generate high frequency signals from low frequency signal.I know that u can do that by using DCM.But the minimum frequency should be 5MHz.so i wanted to know is there any other way.
Thank u for reply.

So u conclude that there is no solution for it?

The standard clock management resources don't support such a low source frequency. So easy answer is "no, not possible".

Why does it seem to be so difficult to read a datasheet?

Seems to be the theme of this month. :p Lots of posts that could have been answered by the poster him/herself by 1) googling and reading hit numero uno, OR 2) just reading the fine datasheet. Welcome to humanity.

But to be fair, this particular post isn't so bad in that regard. He just asked for alternatives bsides using the DCM. No easy alternatives that make sense, hence the easy answer of "no, not possible" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back