Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tanner(L-Edit) problem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

duron999

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
l-edit file old version to latest version

How can i change the technology to 20 Microns ??

when i change to 20microns, it show error message,

help please :cry: thanks !

Yes, no problem with it. If you look at the cell information, you're gonna see the version of each cell. The message means that even if you didn't touch the layout of cells, the version number will increase due to you changed technology properties.

are you sure that's right? it might be my mistake, but i thought that 1/1000 um was the smallest grid size that is recorded in the GDS (for circles, etc).

i know that if this is changed, your cells will bloat in other layout tools that force .001um as the gds import without asking.

i was under the impression that to draw a 20um gate length, you draw poly 20um wide! ;) it's not something magical done by the layout software..

UNLESS.... you are using lambda rules (where 2*lam=minimum gate length). but then you can just draw gates 1 um wide and shrink by Lambda.

Tanner L-Edit

Hi,

I'm having a problem with T. L-Edit and I'd like to know if someone can help me.

I'm trying to import a GDS file that was created using an old version of L-Edit into a newer version but the newer version is not recognizing the nwell and via2 layers. My professor said that it's a bug in the program and that he has seen a fix in this board.

thanks

can you transfer in tdb format? by the way which versions are you talking about? if you want, you can pm the gds file to me and i will convert, i have a few versions running here.

setting the internal unit will set how big or small the maximum size of the layout will be. smaller the internal unit larger the layout that is possible.

In setting upa design, you select the units in which you will be designing, give the process name and set the grid that will facilitate you drawing the smallest feature easily. then draw as per the reuied dimention.

For Importing a GDS strem file there is an option to automatically name (number) the unknown layers. you can then rename them to the correct name.

Remember for every technology you use you create first a technology file and then use this for doing all layouts in that technolgy. If you need to change a design from one technolgy (if scalable) to another then you import the technolgy file of the desired technolgy into the current one.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back