Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip comparison: Microchips PIC and Atmels AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microchip comparison

Hi,

I was wondering which microchip is better:
1.microchip's pic
2.amtel's avr

And, are they from the same country?

I suppose their differences lie in cost and development opportunity i.e. free software, boards, samples etc.

Also, are there any better/popular/cheaper microchips out there that have just come out or I am unaware of?

Thanks. 8)

comparison microchip amtel

This has already been discussed for example here:

best regards

Re: Microchip comparison

however PIC is good because of its development enviroment is free

Microchip comparison

If you're talking about the quality of their chips, I have no idea. Since I never work with AVR.

But I you want to know which line are easy to learn, then my vote will go to PIC.

When I was going to start my micro-controller journal, yes I came accross the same question as you're now. Here is what I found.

1) Free sample can be obtained from Microchip by using thier online service, but I never get one from atmel. I tried thier online form and calling their local sales representative. All application look like droping a stone into sea.

2) Microchip application notes are, in my humble opinion, far better than Atmel one.

3) Online forums, Microchip one forum.microchip.com, and PIClist www.piclist.com are awesome. Even though I know one of Atmel.

Microchip comparison

Go for the pic's,easy to learn and very user friendly.I recently started,3 month's ago,and I have learned a lot. Start with flowcode from Miltimediamatrix if possible.

Re: Microchip comparison

Hi

Topic closed continue at link given by C-Man

Cl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back