Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recomend me a multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomba

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fluke 8810a manual

I'm planing to buy a new Handheld multimeter.
Wich is the best multimeter?
and i would like measure freq, inductors and capacitors. What do you think about all in one? or is best to have a multimeter and LCR.

Thanks in advance

best multimeter fluke

Fluke also has very good customer service. I bought what turned out to be a counterfeit meter and they repaired it anyway without complaint.

hp3456 accuracy

Fluke is definately a good choice - I have a 179 and it's never let me down.

Be careful though not to blow the fuses by forgetting to move the plug over when measuring current. Although the fuse is only £2.91, the UK agent wants £33.00 handling charge 8O (my fault this - not the meter's fault)

It's worth buying a spare when you buy the meter!

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

mastech multimeter 4 digit -3/4-1/2

At my work we use Keithley 2000 and Keithley 2700 but those are not handheld devices and I don't know the price of it but they are working very very well; also with remote controlling software.

I think that you should buy a multimeter FLUKE, this multimeters are the best.

there are tens of multimeters out there that fall into the category of best. the main factor is how much you are willing to spend and what type of work u want to do with it.

fluke has a great range of multimeters. i suggest that u do a little bit of surfing at their site.

but remember a couple of things. one is that it should be an autoranging multimeter. and try to get a 5 digit multimeter. they are a bit expensive as compared to the 4 digit multimeters but if u have the money then u should buy a nice 5 digit multimeter. and the multimeter should have a continuity test and it should measure capacitance, inductance and frequency.

Robert Pease, in his book Troubleshooting Analog circuits recommends the HP3455, HP3456, Fluke 8810A, Fluke 8842A. so u might want to give these meters a look before u decide

i hope that helps

Thanks to all

samcheetah I can't found the models that you mentioned, can you post the links to the models.

Thanks in advance

maybe these models are old. but i did find links for the fluke models

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

i have not tried any of these multimeters. as i said that these were recommended by Robert Pease in his book. and as u can see by clicking on these links that these are not the average type of multimeter. and they arent handheld too. but as i said that it depends on what u are going to do with it.

but whenever u buy a multimeter plz consider what i said about it being autoranging etc.

Personally I recomend the Fluke 189. It does not have an inductance meter but it is True RMS, measures frequency, capacitance, all the usual things and it has a memory for logging up to 1000 measurements which you can view on your PC screen as a plot if you want. This requires the software which costs extra money.

I can recommend the Mastech ( **broken link removed** ) multimeters. We use both: Fluke and Mustech multimeters, but Mustech multimeters more reliable on our statistics.

I bought a Fluke-70 handheld meter in 1989. Believe or not I didn’t change even the battery. For 15 years!!.
But now (from a power consumption point of view) they are going backwards. At job I use the new generation Fluke-87, and I have to replace the battery at every 3 months.
Anyway in this business they are the best in word.
cheers

8) Gossen Metrawatt.
No fuse blowings due to patented Switch and probe locking arrangement.
In India i use the 13S Model which is sold for around 60 $. it is a really robust unit with .25% accuracy

I think that the multimeters of TES are quiet good and are less expensive that FLUKE

check out the latest one from Rishab DMM Rish 18s series DMM ...

From usage, i found that FLUKE is the best ones...

platonas said:
Personally I recomend the Fluke 189. It does not have an inductance meter but it is True RMS, measures frequency, capacitance, all the usual things and it has a memory for logging up to 1000 measurements which you can view on your PC screen as a plot if you want. This requires the software which costs extra money.

Yes, definately a good choice. I have also the Fluke112 model. Cost only $100 (CAN) and includes a capacitor checker. This is actually the model I use daily, unless I need to measure very low resistances, the model 112 is pretty good.

what ever multimeter you buy.. dont forget to get few fuse's for your multimeter...
often the fuse might break... and you might find that your multimeter is not measuring current...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back