Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about making something with small video camera and small lcd screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguywhojuggles

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm making a mascot costume, and visibility in the head is horrible. I was wondering how difficult it would be to install a small hidden video camera (spy camera) in the head, and run that live video to a small lcd screen inside the head. It would be awesome to be able to have two cameras and two screens so the performer could see in front and behind (so as not to step on kids).

Is there a place online where I can buy kits, or the parts I need and instructions on how to wire something like that up?

Thanks!

If you can look upward inside the head, you can try one of the digital cameras or video recorders where the screen is on a swivel. You'll see a moving picture updated many times a second.

To power an lcd screen for an hour or two straight will require power. You might need to hook up batteries with a higher capacity than are normally put in the camera.

A digital camera may have auto-shutoff. It may or may not have a setting to keep it on indefinitely. It won't be easy for you to turn it on every few minutes inside a costume.

Have you considered a periscope? Doesn't need power. However it's field of view may be small, depending on what size mirrors you use. Consider using inexpensive stick-on film mirrors rather than glass (for safety reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back