Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Frequency Bridge" for data translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorax85

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working with two devices. One of them works at 50 MHz and the latter at 100MHz. Substancially from one side I should take data at 100MHz and translate them to 50MHz, and do the opposite on the other side. I should implement this bridge inside a CPLD, do you see any problem? Suggestions about how to make it working?

use a dual clocked FIFO. that would probably be the easiest approach.

use a dual clocked FIFO. that would probably be the easiest approach.

Probably I'll follow that way, I have just used this approach last week in order to solve a similar problem. Thanks!

Other suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Sorry, but as I told you before I'm using a CPLD, so it can not be possibile to use a core for a FIFO, that's why I was changing my approach instead of use the same of I already used (inside a FPGA).

XD

Sorry, but as I told you before I'm using a CPLD, so it can not be possibile to use a core for a FIFO

the solution depends of specification,
[data are transferred randomly, as a bunch, size of bunch, can a sender
wait until receiver is ready etc.]

you can implement a simple handshake protocol
'sink50_ready_for_data, source100_data_valid, sink50_data_accepted',
'sink100_ready_for_data, source50_data_valid, sink100_data_accepted';

or you can emulate a simplified fifo with cpld registers;

---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com