Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to know is there has any parallel to parallel shift register ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends ,
I want to know is there has any 8-bit parallel to parallel shift register ?

sorry ,
Like 74hc595 it has one serial input and 8 output .and the data is shifted by giving clock (SHcp).
i want a parallel means the 8 inputs are given and there could be 8 output and each bit can be shift by the clock ?
sorry for my English

74HC165 will do the parallel load aka input and serial the output.
you could put the serial output into a 74HC164 to return you a shifted parallel output (shift is displaced by 8bits on each clock,ie the output is 8bits behind)

I think that the best you could do without custom wiring up JK flip/flops

They are usually an integral part of a larger device but what you are asking for is normally called a "barrel shifter" rather than a shift register. They are used in fast math operations.

Brian.

or want an 8 bit buffer ic which has an 8 bit input and 8 bit out put .

i don't know.whether parallel to parallel shift register make any sense please explain logic

parallel to parallel
means applying to parallel input .
here need to shift the parallel data to the next bit by applying clock pulse ?
its for led moving dispaly

OK, it looks that I have to repeat myself:

Use 8 HC595, parallel the OE, Clock and Latch pins. You will have 8 inputs (byte) and 64 outputs.

If you do a search through the board, you will find a good schematic for mooving message display utilising HC595's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back