Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use microcontroller to control Nokia to send SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gah_wah

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sms microcontroller

Hi everybody,
I’m a college student currently working final year project but I have no idea and I'm looking for help !!!
I’m currently working on a RFID based vehicle tracking device, and I'll be using a gsm phone to send data via sms from the vehicle to another gsm phone. The question is , how can I interface the microcontroller unit to the gsm phone? , I’m planning to interface a 6150, is it possible??? ? and which microcontroller is prefered to use , and how can communicate with the phone through the microcontroller ? . I know it's too much to ask but I'm supposed to deliver my project within a month so I don't really have the time to study about all of this , please if anyone knows these stuff or at least somthing about it , please help me . thx for all in advance :)

microcontroller sms

I am afraid you will get troubles with Nokia phones, try to use Siemens phones or GSM modems.

Do a search here for "PIC SMS" or search my posts and you will find how it can be done with "old" Siemens phones or GSM modems.

You can use a PIC or 8051 controller (cheap and often used).

hope this helps

microcontroller send sms

hi,
You will have to find set of AT commands for the mobile phone you want to use for your purpose. Through AT commands you can send and receive SMS through mobile phone.
you can search it on net...

http://freshmeat.net/projects/gammu/
http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/soft/gammu.html

this is a link with a similar kind of project..

Also there is another solution that you can interface gsm modums directly to transmit the vehical data.
Also view this topic

and visit this link where one of my friends have posted a v.good article...
www.juna.co.uk

Regards..

nokia sms controller

i use telix gsm module send info

www.roundsolution.com
have at-command download in that
most of at-command use the same

nokia microcontroller

if you must use nokia phones you can use nokia phone have a built in gsm modem such as nokia5110 or nokia 6310i

or you can choose the hard solution and search for :
fbus or mbus

bye

Fire in the Wire :sm2:

nokia fbus commands

Excuse me!but what is RFID?

uses of microcontroller

RFID is a similar to a smart card reader but it is more security.

connect mobile to microcontroller

hello friends how are you i am also doing this project on connection of mobile with microcontroller i have a 6310 . the at commands work well withh hyperterminal but when i send these commands from the microcontroller there ,it doesnt work. i mean the mobile just echos the command send to it when i have the gnd removed and only tx and rx connected . but when i connect the gnd it doesnt even echo .
i dont even know which pins to connect i mean i have just connected the tx and rx to the 8051 the rest are just open . do i have to connect the rest of the pins in some manner please help

sms sending through microcontroller

look at
**broken link removed**
the 6150 work whit F-Bus

fbus circuit

EPE magazine have puplished 2 artical
mar-2007 and apr-2007
these articals cover this subject try it u will be satisfied

how to connect mobile to microcontroller

ok i have a dlr -3p cable which has a rs-232 db-9 female connector
it works well on hyperterminal
now the db-9 connecotor i have taken two wires from the rx and tx of the 8051 thru the max 232 and then in the tx and rx of the db-9 (of the dlr-3p)
it should work but when i connect the gnd to pin 5 of the db-9 the controller starts to funtion abnormally plz if anyone has interfaced the 8051 with dlr-3p-- nokia 6310 send me the diagram ,i am sure the programming is not the problem the problem is which of the pins of the db-9 is to be connected to what , thats what i cant figure it , i am sure it has also something to do with rts right? plz answer

connection mobile microcontroller

look at
h**p://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html
for nokia 3310 fbus/mbus
but first you must understand at command for nokia

send sms microcontroller

hello guys i have a problem , and it is that i cant find a dlr-3p datacable , so it possible that i just solder wires on the pins of the mobile and connect it directly to my 8051 is this possile if not then how has this man done it(www.serasidis.gr) and also the "tiny planet sms controller" has also done the same why do i need a dlr-3p some say go to www.atrox.com and make your own cable do i really have too.
has any one experimented on this plz answer

sms controller nokia

C-Man said:
I am afraid you will get troubles with Nokia phones, try to use Siemens phones or GSM modems.

Do a search here for "PIC SMS" or search my posts and you will find how it can be done with "old" Siemens phones or GSM modems.

I am a newbie to this and just reading your post you have suggested to use siemen old phones like C25 ETC.
I just want to know if with those seimems phone i would need a special cable for the PC to Phone connection or would the phone original data cable work with Hyperterminal

Regards
Bob

sms via microcontroller

nice info thanks a lot

nokia mob microcontroller

hi All

I wish to understand ::
How to use connect nokia 5110 To PIC16f877A & Send SMS or Recceive It .???
OR
How to use connect nokia 5110 To RS232 or Max 232.

please help me!:cry::cry:

please give me a guide!

Thanks

serial using pic12675

hi i m also a student in 4th yr of engg......all of that was a grt help but i m abt to start the project...but i m havin the hardest time getting the cable and choosing the mobile....so if a model no.....with the cable details was provided it would be grt................

the cable has to hav a rs232 connector on one side rt....correct me if i m wrong

any help would be greatly appreciated.......:D:D

how to communicate mobile with microcontroller

I only have experience of fbus with the 6210 but I believe any model made around that time uses the same setup, you need to create a "Pinger" as I call it with a small PIC as 12f range will do nicely, program the chip from the following code, its sloppy code but it works and shows whats going off quite simply

Code:
#use delay(clock=8000000)  //8Mhz internal oscillator 12F675
#use rs232(stream=CBL,baud=9600,parity=O,xmit=PIN_D2,rcv=PIN_D3,bits=8)

void main()
{

char c,i,cmd,sqn,csm;

while (true)
   {

fgetc(CBL);       //1 
      fgetc(CBL);       //2
      fgetc(CBL);       //3
      fgetc(CBL);       //4
      fgetc(CBL);       //5
      fgetc(CBL);       //6
      fgetc(CBL);       //7
      cmd=fgetc(CBL);   //8
      sqn=fgetc(CBL);   //9
      fgetc(CBL);       //10  Get MBUS Frame

delay_ms(5);      // Needs this SHOCKINGLY long delay for god only knows what reason, piss poor hardware by nokia, or code or both I suspect

fputc(0x1f,CBL);
      fputc(0x00,CBL);
      fputc(0x48,CBL);
      fputc(0x7f,CBL);
      fputc(sqn,CBL);
      fputc(0x1f^0x48^0x7f^sqn,CBL); // Send Ack (checksum XOR of all none zero data) frames seems to be about every 200 - 250ms

}

}

then link the pic up as below

nok_loet.png

(c) nobbi.com

Code:
3    4    5    6    7    8    9
|    |    |   |     \    \     \-GND/Vss on PIC
15k  |    1k  100R   \    \-Tx
|    |    |   |       \-Rx
G    |    G   |
N    |    N   |sig diode
D    |    D   +->|-+
    Vdd       |    |
    on        |    |
    PIC       |    |
              D2   D3
(orignal idea from atrox.at) modified by foxabilo

now the 12F pic will do the fbus ping message back and forth allowing pins 7 and 8 on the nokia to be used as bog standard Tx and Rx pins for microcontroler use (please add relivent resitors to rx/tx to match impedence or use level shifters unless entire project is to be powered from phone pin 4) also note that to talk to a PC the Tx/Rx lines will need to be MAX232'd

Enjoy[/img]

with nokia sms controller

foxabilo said:
I only have experience of fbus with the 6210 but I believe any

Thank yuo For It .

but I dont have one circuit Of this .

may do it ??

if yuo have circuit of this project please upload here .

beseech :cry::cry:

Thank yuo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back