Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer winding help

Status
Not open for further replies.

unelco

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how design 500va/12v(Primary volt-230v,secondry volt-12v-0-12v,frequancy 50z) inverter transformer design help?
1, how calculate primary current?
2, how calculate core area?
3, how calculate core loss?
4, how calculate secondry current?

please help me ? I am waiting your valid replay.

Last edited:

To handle 500 VA, the 230V side must carry 2.2 amps safely ( 500/230 ). 18 or 20 gauge is the thinnest you should use in wrapped layers.

The low V side will carry 20.8 A average ( 500 / 24 ).

Since you specify 12-0-12 windings, you'll determine wire thickness and lengths based on each 12V coil being energized at 50% duty cycle, which is a different case from energizing the entire 24V coil full time.

Please clarify whether you want to step down 230VAC to 12-0-12, or do you want it to operate as a step-up inverter transformer? Because you use the word 'inverter'. That suggests it's meant to step up.

A transformer can be wound with the correct lengths of wire to do the job in one direction, but you cannot turn it around and expect it to work properly for the reverse job.

Core area, etc... Best to use lots of metal. The goal is to avoid saturation at high operating currents.

Check the size of commercial transformers made for 500VA. They are several inches across.

Good afternoon sir or mam , i want to know about the transformer. To make a 12-0-12 transformer how will i take primary turns & secondary turns.
i just want to share. i will thankful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back