Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel DXP library for Microchip PIC16F and PIC18 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dxp libraries

Hi all, I'hv been trying to search for the Protel DXP library for Microchip PIC16F and PIC18 series since the default library only has the PIC16C series. Does anyone know where I can get this library?

For those who use Protel to draw ur schematic diagram, how do u draw it if u r using PIC that is not listed in the default library?

Thanks for help!

Regards,
Eric

dxp library

Why do you not just draw your own, it is a skill you will need to master at some time when using and EDA software. A PCI device should take you less than 15 minutes to draft, you could also copy an existing symbol, rename it and just renumber/rename the pins

in most cases understandinh how the library works and 'fits' into the design process is the key to streamline your use of the EDA software.

I would have made one for you but I do not have the time just now.

Also if you find and orcad library you can import it to DXP.... :)

dxp 2004 libraries

j2356r said:
Why do you not just draw your own, it is a skill you will need to master at some time when using and EDA software. A PCI device should take you less than 15 minutes to draft, you could also copy an existing symbol, rename it and just renumber/rename the pins

in most cases understandinh how the library works and 'fits' into the design process is the key to streamline your use of the EDA software.

I would have made one for you but I do not have the time just now.

Also if you find and orcad library you can import it to DXP.... :)
Hi, I can draw some of the parts that I need by myself but not all. It's kind of stupid to draw a component in Protel because it's so crappy! I use Protel because I used it long time ago and it was quite good last time as in all the components I needed last time were in the integrated library. But now, it seems that the integrated library is just not useful enough!

BTW, I cant seem to find any Orcad library over the net. Are u sure it's compatible with the Protel?

microchip dxp library

I'm not sure about other's view. But I think that Protel GUI are indeed very bad.

protel dxp libraries

Why can you not draw all the parts? only some?

Is there some technical reason or limitation of the DXP software that stops you drawing all of the symbols and footprints you require.

I have used DXP very intensely and not found any such limitation yet.

Is some reason for this?

If you do not like the DXP GUI you can always use 99SE instead.

To be honest, the 99SE enviroment is by far, a more freindly and productive enviroment to work in if you do not want to use the extended rules system and multichannel features in DXP.

:R

Re: dxp libraries

Hi all, I'hv been trying to search for the Protel DXP library for Microchip PIC16F and PIC18 series since the default library only has the PIC16C series. Does anyone know where I can get this library?

For those who use Protel to draw ur schematic diagram, how do u draw it if u r using PIC that is not listed in the default library?

Thanks for help!

Regards,
Eric

Hi ericmar you can find a Pr*tel library here with some PIC12Fxx and PIC16Fxx in it **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back