Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICDEM Z DEMO BOARD source code for pic18f4550 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabby21

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, anyone have any idea whats the source code for picdem Z demo board, using zigbee module? with default, the module uses PIC18f4620, is there any possibility that ill migrate the program? or its universal? cause it says on the demo source code " Processor: PIC18F " so any of the PIC18F family are able to run the source code? thanks

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

by the way i am planning to use pic18f4550.

....with default, the module uses PIC18f4620, is there any possibility that ill migrate the program? or its universal? cause it says on the demo source code " Processor: PIC18F " so any of the PIC18F family are able to run the source code? by the way i am planning to use pic18f4550.

Yes, you should be able compile the Demo Source Code for the PIC18F4550 without an serious problems. I believe Microchip's ZigBee Stack supports the PIC18, PIC24 and PIC32 families.

BigDog

sir,

ive tried to burn the zigbee demo coordinator hex file to pic18f4550,using the epickit 2, and it says a warning that the program is higher to burn, any suggestion sir? are there any parts of the zigbee demo program that will be modify to run on pic18f4550? thanks sir.

You would like to port the ZigBee Coordinator Demo to a PIC18F4550 based design. Is this correct?

Can you post or upload a schematic of your design? What compiler are you currently using?

BigDog

heres the schematic sir, taken from the pic dem z user guide, and yes, i would like to port the zigbee coordinator/ router/ RFD to a PIC18F4550, were using the c18 compiler, actually sir i was thinking, there will be modifications on the demo source code that you have given me, but i dont know where to edit or will change on the source codes.
thanks sir, till then

So basically you are using the PICDEM Z board with the PIC18F4550. Is this correct?

If so I'll compile it for you and upload the project.

BigDog

hi sir,

yes sir, definitely, please do so sir, and ill gladly to observe and study the differences youve made on the pic18f4550 and pic18f4620, please do so sir! thank you!!!!

I've already examine both the zLink.lkr and zigbee.def, both of which need to be modified when compiling for a new target PIC.

The largest issue with using the PIC18F4550 instead of the PIC18F4620, is the PIC18F4620 has a little more than half the Data RAM of the PIC18F4620.

Using the current configuration the PICDEMZ Coordinator Sample Program consumes 3617 bytes of the available 3968 bytes of Data RAM on the PIC18F4620.

The PIC18F4550 has only 2000 bytes of Data RAM. So major restructuring of the original code will have to be done, to squeeze into the PIC18F4550.

Do you have to use a PIC18F4550 instead of the PIC18F4620?

My other concern is if I managed to cut the Data RAM consumption below the 2000 bytes, will there be enough Data RAM left for other tasks.

BigDog

Reactions: FvM and dabby21

dabby21

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes sir, since we will be using PIC18f4550 for the a temperature sensor using LM35,i think our program will not consume a big amount of data Ram available since we will be outputting results through LED's as an indicator.

So you must use the PIC18F4550 instead of the PIC18F4620?

The PIC18F4620 can equally carry out the task of ADC from the LM35.

Using the PIC18F4620 would simplify the project as a whole.

BigDog

yes sir, but thats one of our requirements, so i think we need to comply, but ill go with pic18f4620 regarding our upcoming computer design.

Ok,

I'll see what size Data RAM I can squeeze the design into.

You'll have to keep the task of ADC from the LM35 down to a minimum. No Thrills.

What are the task requirement of the Routers and End Devices on this ZigBee network?

It seem they should be handle the ADC from the LM35s and passing the sensor data to you the Coordinator.

BigDog

my plan is, LM35 adc conversion will be our device, pass down to the end devices/routers and send the output to coordinator and output it on LED indicators,and for the upcoming design ill output the conversion to 3310 LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.