Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to identify Radio from photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

zofiof

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i have this radio and I'm looking for datasheet or any technical sepc form them
kindly find the photos and please help me to identify it

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0176.png
    IMG_0176.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0177.png
    IMG_0177.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0181.png
    IMG_0181.png
    524.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0189.png
    IMG_0189.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0191.png
    IMG_0191.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0204.png
    IMG_0204.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0218.png
    IMG_0218.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 131

I believe it is an encrypted military radio:

Matra Nortel Communications, JV between Northern Telecom (Nortel) and Lagardere, has won an around USDlr10 mil contract to supply an MC 9600 encrypted, digital network to the security forces in Qatar. Separately, Nortel has won a USDlr700 mil contract from Unefon (Mexico) to supply a wireless phone network in Mexico.

As such, I doubt you will find much information on the internet.

Keith.

It is a Matra radio. Designed for MC9600 which is a variant of Tetra. MC9600 is also known also as Tetrapol.
Tetra is a secure digital radio comparable in its functions with GSM. Used by fire/ambulance/military/police.
This radio is operating in the 380-430MHz range. Rather useless as long as you not have more units and a base-station.
There should be a function also to talk directly with another unit directly, without need for a base station but with very limited range.
**broken link removed** have maybe support, but I think you can get more information asking in an amateur radio forum, as they often rebuild this kind of things.
It is very complex to rebuild this radio as a receiver of bluelight-services.
Here is some information about a newer variant of your radio: **broken link removed**

Last edited:

Hi E Kafeman
thank you!
I'm looking for datasheet for the same items that you can see in the photos
the newer version help me but not so much.
I'll more appreciate if you can share with me datasheet for the current version as we see in the photos
thanks in advance.

Sorry, but I do not have any details. Amateur forum or similar groups can maybe help you or contact EADS. Searching for matracom+mc9600 can give clues who may have a datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back