Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Convert Eagle layout into PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniyuri

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there any way to convert the PCB layout made in Cadsoft eagle into a PDF? Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Isnt there some other method? Some ULP to get the job done easier?

Hi maniyuri.

Maybe you need to have installed previously the PDFCreator.

This software simulates a virtual printer, but it translates the print preview of your PCB in a PDF file.

I don't know if Eagle has a function for to convert directly a PCB layout in a PDF file, but you can be sure than PDFCreator runs perfectly.

I usually use the PDFCreator for to convert schematics, layouts and other kind files in PDF files, with no care to source program used.

Adobe Acrobat professional - if you have it you will not ask such questions and you can create PDF virtually from any application.

You can also export directly as png, then convert that to pdf with Photoshop or other programs. I have not tested how accurate that conversion is.

John

There are various pdf generator programs. I use win2pdf. Most have a demo version which will work but will add either an extra page with a copyright notice, or a header/footer.

Keith.

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

There is also a pdf option built into Eagle. Go to "print" and instead of selecting the printer at the top, select "print to file(pdf)". Type pdf in the help for more information.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back