Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Transmission between the remote server and GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vichu_India

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to transfer the data from the GPRS modem to the remote sever and vice versa. I will configure the GPRS device, with remote server IP. I will get the dynamic ip each time the GPRS device is switched ON. Can some one explain me how to transfer the data from the server to the GPRS device and GPRS device to the remote server?

GPRS device(dynamic - ip assignement, each time switch ON/OFF the ip changes) to the remote server (IP is known)
a. I want to transfer the data { 12345 1234 } from the device to server?

b. How to transfer the data {12345 678} from the server to the GPRS device?
c. How the ip is assigned to the GPRS device?

Can some one explain me there ideas?

Regards,
Vichu

I think, your questions a) to c) don't involve any problems specific to GPRS. It's just ordinary TCP/IP stuff, that is explained in any TCP/IP text book or tutorial.

The only GPRS specific problem may be, that your mobile phone provider doesn't route inbound connections. This is implementation dependent. To allow the connection to be initiated by the server, you also need to refer to a dynamic IP service, e.g. dynip.org to make the mobile device IP known. You can avoid the effort and possible conflicts with provider restrictions, if the connection is always initiated by the mobile.

Which modem are you using for GPRS?

Regards
Anita

Status
Not open for further replies.