Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import inductor or balun layout from HFSS to CADENCE VIRTUOSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

Does any one know How to import inductor or balun layout from HFSS to CADENCE VIRTUOSO???????????

is it directly possible???????????????

yes it is possible i guess you just import the file to cadence..automatically it will get converted...

Convert your design into GDS2 file and then import it in Cadence..

I use Altium and therefor I am not all that familiar with Cadence. Do you know what files you are able to import into Cadence? if you know what files you are able to convert into Cadence I would be happy to convert your HFSS design into that file format (My mechanical engineers work with solid works and that seems to be able to convert any format to any other format). I can also convert your balun into a gerber format and send it back to you. Let me know if there is a way I can help or a file format you want it your balun in,
B

Do you know what files you are able to import into Cadence?

For Cadence RFIC, the top 3 file formats are:

1. GDSII
2. GDSII
3. GDSII

ddis can use GDSII and should have no problem. Gerber is only used in PCB, and make things more complicated anyway because each layer is in a separate file.

hi all,

i made GDSII file in HFSS from export option & tried to import it in the cadence Virtuoso layout

but while exporting from HFSS it asked me for a LAYERMAP file & i skipped that step....

so in cadence while importing the GDSII file the layout is shown but the metal lines are not shown in cadence defined colors

i think the problem lies in layer mapping file

i dont know what is layer map file

Does someone can give me a sample layermap file for 180nm tech ???????

hi all,

i am trying to export my design as GDSII file from HFSS. By default HFSS gives its own layer no. I want to edit the layer no. so that yhe design is properly imported into cadence.

I want to know if it is really possible.

I have given a snapshot below to better understand the problem.........

Thanks in Advance........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back