Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansys 12 license help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky_aero

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I have installed ansys 12 in my win xp 32 bit (original OS is MAC) installed perfectly and worked fine for that day. but next day when opened the ansys software its saying error message

could not connect to license server
the server is down or not responsive
ANSYSLI SERVERS : 2325@HOSTNAME
FLEXlm servers: 1055@hostname

when i open the ANSLIC_ADMIN UTILITY and try to see the ansys debug logfile for errors it says
"The TCP port number in the license, 1055, is already in use"
"failed to open the TCP port number in the license"

please help me guys

Hi Lucky,

I had the same problem and the unique way that i found to solve it was:

- First change the port number 1055 in your license file to 1056 or any other unused number (to see the used port numbers type in your console windows the command: netstat /a

- Go to your Server ANSLIC ADMIN Utility and press the "Stop the Ansy, Inc. License Manager"

- After that, press Specify the License Server Machine. Edit the selected server machine and change the 1055 port number to 1056, close the window.

- Press "Install the License File" and choose the file that you changed.

- Press "Start the Ansys, Inc. License Manager" and wait.

- Finally press the "View Status" and see if its run well without any error.

Hi ffsmatos,
Thanks for your reply, i have tried what ever you said, but in the end when i am trying to install the new modified license file its saying ' license file is equivalent to the existing license file, no license file is installed' this message i am getting, even though i have changed the port number from 1055 to 1056 its saying the equivalent license file...dont know what to do...plzzz help

thanks

Hi Lucky,

Try to modify the license file in other diretory with other name, example: C:\other diretory\license.txt. Then when the license manager ask for the file, you put this one. The license manager will generate other file named C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license.dat. Dont forget to erase the original license.dat file in C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\. Normally, this last step is not needed.

good lucky!

Hi :)
Firstly, I hope that I'm not writing in this thread too late. If yes maybe someone who is trying to solve this error will find it helpful.
I had the same problem like you though in ansys 14 to solve it I tried plenty of things (changing ports, modifying license in different directories). In my case this error was caused by fact that i have installed ansys 14 and ansys license manager in two different partitions so uploaded license in license manager could not be used by ansys itself.
To solve this problem you must simply:
1. Upload your license in license manager (Install the License file)
2. Go to your license manager directory and copy all the loose files (I mean: license.dat, license.log, license.dat.log...) in Licensing dir (ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing)
3. Next go to your ansys 12 dir and paste those files in (ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing)

And now everytnig should work smooth and fine

PS: Presumably, you can copy only license.dat but I've copied all of those loose files ;-).

I did all the steps in this thread and when I run "display the license status" it responds with

"Users of aa_t_i: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back