Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dxp pcb autorouter: different rules in different parts of the boards possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirishere

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am working on a pcb where I need to have the same net routed with different width at different regions of the board. Specifically I want the GND to be 30 mils wide in most parts of the board, but I want it to be at most 10 mils wide near a xilinx s3-400 where the pads are only 0.2 mm apart and 0.3 mm wide. The same issue goes with the clearance rules.
Any suggestions?

you can set different rules by creating rooms and then create rules with "TouchesRoom" or "WithinRoom: query.

you can set different rules by creating rooms and then create rules with "TouchesRoom" or "WithinRoom: query.

Thank you very much, I had tried this, but it's good to know that I was on the right track. This helps when routing manually, But I haven't managed to get the auto router to respect it though. Is it impossible or am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back